Please note that privacy notices advising customers and prospects as to the specific uses that are being made of their Personally-Identifiable Information by specific business units within Growth Central LLC websites may also be modified from time to time to reflect changes in business practices. In this event, those changes will appear in the relevant privacy notices.
Growth Central LLC websites will also comply with applicable non-U.S. laws that impose additional responsibilities on Growth Central LLC websites beyond those stated in this Policy in connection with the treatment of Personally-Identifiable Information about its customers and prospects.
Our Policy recognizes two kinds of personal data that deserve varying levels of protection. Personally-Identifiable Information includes, for example, e-mail addresses, billing information, employment status and "click stream" data that tracks user activity on a Website or online service. A subset of that category, Sensitive Data, deserves additional safeguards. Sensitive Data includes, by way of example, Social Security numbers, personal financial data (such as specific salary, net worth or individual portfolio information) and information about specific medical conditions.
Growth Central LLC is committed to using all reasonable efforts to abide by the following Policy statement:
- Personally-Identifiable Information will only be collected to the extent that Growth Central LLC deems reasonably necessary to serve a legitimate business purpose. Please be aware that if you disclose Personally-Identifiable Information on Web site message boards or chat areas, that information may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited communications from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Growth Central LLC.
- Customers and prospects will be notified (usually at the point where Personally-Identifiable Information is collected) as to the uses the business unit may make of the Personally-Identifiable Information collected from them.
- Appropriate safeguards will be implemented in an effort to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personally-Identifiable Information about our customers and prospects.
- Procedures have been developed through which customers and prospects can, upon request, review and correct the Personally-Identifiable Information that has been collected from them by Growth Central LLC. These procedures may not, however, compromise the security, integrity and privacy of either Growth Central LLC websites' own proprietary databases or databases licensed from third party companies.
Access: Review and correction.
- The collection and use of Sensitive Data carries with it special obligations and responsibilities in order to maintain the data's security, integrity and privacy. Sensitive Data will not be rented or otherwise made available for External Distribution outside Growth Central LLC Companies (although it may be made available through Onward Transfer as described below). Customers and prospects will be given the opportunity to refuse permission for their Sensitive Data to be distributed outside of the business unit that collected the Sensitive Data through use of an Opt Out mechanism for Internal Distribution within Growth Central websites.
Children: Collection and use of information from children in the U.S. under the age of thirteen will be made in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Act of 1998. Specifically, Growth Central LLC websites will:
provide parents or guardians with Notice of our information practices;
obtain prior verifiable parental or guardian consent for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of Personally-Identifiable Information from children;
provide a parent or guardian, upon request, with the means to review the Personally-Identifiable Information collected from his or her child;
provide a parent or guardian with the opportunity to prevent the further use of Personally-Identifiable Information that has already been collected, or the future collection of Personally-Identifiable Information, from that child;
limit collection of Personally-Identifiable Information for a child's online participation in a game, prize offer or other activities to Personally-Identifiable Information that is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity; and
establish procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of the Personally-Identifiable Information collected from children.